Attorney Michael Ely
Michael Ely received his undergraduate degree in 1999 from Harding University. While in college, Michael Ely worked as a White House intern under President Clinton and as a congressional intern with Congressman Vic Snyder’s office. Michael Ely received his law degree in 2002 from George Washington University located in Washington, DC. While in law school, Mr. Ely worked for the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission as a legal intern.
After graduating law school, Attorney Ely practiced law with the law firm R. Jack Clapp & Associates in Washington, DC, where he concentrated on wrongful death and aviation cases. After three years as an associate with that firm, he became a partner in the law firm of Clapp, Desjardins and Ely, where he continued to practice Plaintiff’s personal injury and wrongful death law.
In August of 2009, Mr. Ely went to work for the law firm of Hassell, Moorhead & Carroll located in Daytona Beach, FL. While with that law firm, he concentrated his practice on insurance defense cases where he represented defendants for the first time, including the largest automobile insurance company in the United States.
Mr. Ely has been rated AV (the highest rating available) by Martindale Hubbell, who rates attorneys for legal ability and ethics. He has participated in 13 civil jury trials, including 9 cases in the past 4 years.
Michael Ely has litigated a variety of different cases for both Plaintiffs and Defendants, including:
- Aviation crash cases
- Gas Explosion cases
- FTCA cases (cases involving the United States government as a defendant)
- Dog bite cases
- Automobile accident cases
- Trucking accident cases
- Bus crash cases
- Property damage cases
- Wrongful death cases
- False imprisonment cases
- Products liability cases
- Dram shop cases
Further, Michael Ely’s legal presence has been a national one. He has litigated cases in 14 different states and a multitude of different Courts.
MICHAEL ELY IS LICENSED TO PRACTICE IN THE FOLLOWING JURISDICTIONS:
- District of Columbia
- Military Court of Appeals
- United States Court of Appeals for the 11th Circuit
- US District Court for the Western District of Texas
- US District Court for the Eastern District of Texas
- US District Court for the Northern District of Florida
- US District Court for the Southern District of Florida
- US District Court for the Middle District of Florida
- US District Court for the District of Maryland
- US District Court for the District of Colorado
- US District Court for the Northern District of Illinois
- US District Court for the Middle District of Illinois
- US District Court for the Southern District of Illinois
Forbes Top 10 Austin Attorneys List for 2023:
Thrilled to share that our very own Attorney Michael Ely has made it to three prestigious Forbes Top 10 Austin Attorneys List for 2023!